Nurse made one simple mistake, now ‘this baby lost his leg forever’!
According to the health officials, one of the most demanding and rewarding careers in the growing healthcare field is neonatal nursing. This nursing specialty focuses on the care of newborn infants with health problems in the first days or weeks after birth. When mothers bring a child into this world, they believe the personnel are proficient and will provide their baby the very best care. In this case, an irresponsible nurse was the reason for an infant requiring to have his leg cut off, after she made one simple mistake. The newborn was just 4 days old and suffered serious burns on his leg.
According to reports, the nurse, who was not identified, reportedly forgot to switch off the hair dryer when she went to do other jobs, leaving it blowing hot air non-stop on the child for an hour and a half, according to reports. The CCTV video footage reveals the nurse utilizing the hair dryer on the infant, then going on to do something else. The hair dryer fell on the baby where it left his left leg severely burned and hurt. Medical professionals stated the only choice was to offer him an amputation. Neither the nurse or other nurses in the location understood that the hair dryer was on or had actually fallen on the baby. A physician discovered it when he entered into the neonatal extensive care system to analyze the infants.
The infant remained in the NICU since he was born at 36 weeks and needed time in a neonatal incubator. Nurses were seen in the video utilizing a hair dryer after bathing the kids and the device fell onto among the infants. His skin was so terribly burned, it broke open. The other 2 infants who were likewise in the space sustained small burns and were dealt with. Per reports, two nurses were discovered accountable for the neglect and were fired by the health center. The child’s daddy informed the local news outlets: “If she had actually taken note of the infants and rapidly got rid of the hair dryer from them, he (my kid) would have just suffered small burns.”
The Deputy Director of the medical facility extended his apologies for the event, with the medical facility offering to pay a few of the child’s medical costs. The household has yet to accept that deal, nevertheless. The child’s grandma was not surprisingly stressed over the kid’s future, commenting: “The child has actually ended up being handicapped simply 4 days after birth. What’s his future going to resemble?” Another commenter asked: “They blow dry the infants after a bath?,” with a nurse chiming in to keep in mind: “At the start of my R.N. profession I worked 3 years in a NICU. That hairdryer had no organisation existing whatsoever. I’m stunned.” Another commenter didn’t pull any punches, composing: “Moron nurses. They require to be charged for neglect and negligent endangerment of the child, not simply fired.” Dear readers, we are republishing this story to raise awareness and pressure injury prevention for premature infants.