Man sustained horrific injuries after his rifle exploded and it was all captured on camera

This unfortunate man, who is also a a former state trooper, was reprotedly filming a video of himself shooting his Serbu RN 50 with 50 BMG SLAP ammunition when things went horribly wrong, according to an Instagram post made by the gun enthusiast. According to the statement, the ammunition was overpowered, causing his 50 BMG to explode. Captured on video, the .50 caliber rifle blew up in his face.

“To my understanding, these were genuine military rounds, but apparently, they had been tampered with,” the young man, Scott,  explained why he believed his rifle blew up in his face. Wanting to share his ordeal with others, Scott made a video, describing everything that happened. The footage, which featured a clip of the incident in question, quickly went viral, racking up millions of views. Regardless of the cause, the results were devastating. “A 1-inch piece of metal blew through my neck lacerating my jugular vein and puncturing a hole in my right lung,” Scott wrote. “My right lung would later fill with blood and collapse. My right orbital bone broke in three places and my nose broke. I went blind in my right eye instantly,” he continued

In addition, his left index finger snapped and his ribs were fractured. Scott was rushed to the hospital, but during the entire drive, he had his left thumb shoved into the hole in his neck in order to stem the tide of blood, the Blaze reported. Doctors said that the move saved his life and that he would have bled to death otherwise. Undoubtedly, Scott is incredibly lucky to be alive, and he knows it. “After having my right lung intubated and drained while I was awake, I was then sedated and life-flighted to Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville,” he recalled. Thankfully, doctors at the medical centre were able to execute lifesaving surgery, but it was no small task.

“This is easier said than done,” Scott wrote, speaking of the lifesaving surgery. “There were many risks such as me bleeding out and having a stroke,” the former state trooper recalled, but the life-saving measures were a success. “The Trauma Team saved my life,” Scott wrote. “They cut open my rib cage completely to remove the shrapnel, repair my lung and repair my jugular vein.”

The lucky man also said his eyesight returned the day after the explosion. He’s since thanked God for his mercy and for sparing his life. “Praise God the surgery was a success!” DeShields exclaimed, adding, “God is good!” A couple of weeks after the accident, Scott revealed, “I’m healing extremely fast. I came home in just 8 days!” It’s nothing short of a miracle that Scott is alive after the harrowing ordeal, and it’s no surprise that his own bravery is being applauded.

Scroll To Top