Little girl hospitalized after wearing these ‘popular and affordable’ shoes, mom issues warning to others!

Parents are always looking out for their children, advising them to stay away from dangerous things and situations such as sharp objects, busy streets, and open flames. However, not all burns come from fires and this is the lesson one mother learned after buying her daughter a brand new pair of ‘these popular shoes’. In Felicia’s Facebook post, she stated that she didn’t think there would be any harm in buying her daughter Rosie a new pair of shoes. After all, what was the worst that could happen?

Felicia reportedly wrote, “A few weeks ago, I bought Rosie those jelly sandals.” These sandals were quite popular during the 90’s, were made of bright colored PVC plastic and were stippled with holes for airflow. Although they are not the most comfortable shoes, they’re super affordable.

While they enjoyed peak popularity in the 90’s, the sandals are slowly making a comeback.  In Rosie’s case, her foot started developing blisters after just a single day in the shoes. On her Facebook post, Felicia wrote, “After one day in them she came home from daycare with blisters. Only one day was she in them. 

However, the blisters worsened days later and became third-degree burns, prompting Felicia to rush Rosie to the ER. Rosie, as her mom reports, healed slowly and has received treatment. She also took her daughter to a plastic surgeon to ensure little Rosie won’t be needing skin grafts to make up for the lost skin. Felicia and Rosie’s experience teaches us that a trendy and cute shoe doesn’t always mean a safe and comfortable shoe.

Scroll To Top